Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clean Up My House

Via
 
My house is officially a mess. Some of this is due to the formerly relaxed pace of summer and to the current hectic life that the start of school creates. But mostly it is due to laziness on my part! I let mail to be sorted stack up for a few days, put the kid's many toys in a corner of their room instead of the bins designated for them that are two floors down, or let laundry pile up because by the end of the day I am just tired.
 
But while in the short term this "putting it off till tomorrow" mentality gets me what I really need (i.e. sleep), in the long term I look around my cluttered, disorganized house and feel STRESS.
 
So I am making a list...did you expect anything else...detailing all the steps I need to do to get my house under control. My first impulse is to spend several days working round the clock and just get it done. But then I remember that I have work, kids activities, and sleep that I need to fit into my schedule, so I know I won't be able to give such a large chunk of my time. Also, I keep telling myself that Rome was not built in a day, and neither will my house be perfect in the same amount of time. I am putting the finishing touches on my plan and will share it with you tomorrow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment