Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Decorate with Napkins

I gave a little peak at this project in yesterday's post about my Christmas décor. Here is the promised tutorial.

It is funny how you go into a store with one thing in mind, and come out with something even better.

I originally wanted a plaid runner for my dinning room table, but when I went to Home Goods I couldn't find one that I liked. I didn't have time to go to another store, so I picked up some napkins that had the pattern I had in mind, and thought I would just figure out how to incorporate them into my Christmas décor once I got home.

I played around with them for a while. For a second I thought I would use them as placemats, but that didn't fully work. Then I got the idea to branch out from the table, and decorate the chairs instead.

First I folded the napkins like this.


Then I draped them over the back of the chair.


I gathered the sides together and tied them together with black embroidery thread.


It still needed something, so I dived back into the box of ornaments I bought at Ikea.

 
The gift box ornaments were the perfect addition. 
 
 
I am so happy with the finished look. It makes me actually glad that my original plan didn't work out!
 
Does that ever happen to you?
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment